Just because you’re not a boy doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be clued up on what happens to them during puberty. Boys may seem like they get off pretty light, but you can count on it that puberty is a strange time for guys too. Their bodies will undergo a fair few changes; some they’ll welcome, whereas other changes will be straight up embarrassing! But, hey, it’s all part of growing up.Guys will experience the following changes during puberty:
- Height and weight increases and muscles become more prominent
- Puberty may cause pimples for them too! They’ll appear on the face due to increased oil production
- During puberty, sweat and body odour becomes more noticeable (so make sure you encourage your mates to use deodorant!)
- Hair appears under the arms, on the chest, face and around the pubic area
- Hair on arms and legs becomes thicker and darker
- His penis and scrotum may get bigger and change shape
- Puberty causes sperm to grow in the testicles
- Erections start to occur as well as wet dreams – they can happen when a boy is nervous or excited, while asleep, or sometimes on their own accord
- Voice breaks and deepens, but this could take up to a year to happen
- Sexual desires develop
- During puberty their emotions also may go a bit crazy and mood swings can occur
- Increased tiredness
Feel like boys' bods are just beyond you? Check out the male reproductive system area to find out how they work.
The advice provided in this material is general in nature and is not intended as medical advice. If you need medical advice, please consult your health care professional.